Monday, July 27, 2009

Kaleb & Hippo - "The First Six Months"

Greetings, If you are reading this you must know by now that I am Kaleb of the Webster Clan, son of Eric. I scribe this journal as a written account of the many adventures that I and my trusted friend, Hippo have encountered these last few months.
-THE BIRTHDAY-
Our most recent adventure was a protection detail for a member of the family. Though we have parents, Hippo and I have discovered there are more advanced, higher ranking parents. They seem to be "elevated" in status to the point of earning the title, "Grand". On this day our GrandFather, (which will be referred to going forward as "PaPaw") was having a birthday. This concerned Hippo from the start, having a keen memory of the LAST birthday we experienced...I however...was in deep concentration, focusing on .....my Toe. What mysteries must it hold, what secretes we could learn...oh look a ribbon!, but I digress.
It seems PaPaw was having a celebration for living an entire year more. Everyone seemed very happy and excited at this. Hippo and I were astonished at the thought of even being alive for an entire YEAR! We took it upon ourselves to act as security for PaPaw during the festivities. It seems we did not have to volunteer for the job as with our very arrival we were thrust directly in front of PaPaw and remained there for most of the day! This worked out perfectly with Hippo's PPpP... or "PaPaw'sProtectionPlan". Things got a bit hairy when the cake was brought out. Is this really a cake? could it be some sort of trickery. I deployed my failsafe method or detection and stuck my hand in it!...Ah. False alarm. Everything is OK. Presents were to follow. PaPaw needed help unwrapping the gifts so having just learned to rip paper...I obliged him.
After the meal, I enjoyed debriefing in the "Chair of the Ancients". This chair was under a cool shade tree, attchached to chains that allowed it to "Swing" back 'n forth. I realized this must be an exclusive seat of power as it were only PaPaw and Daddy sat here. I wondered if this was due to status or that the chair would not take any more weight!!??!! There I sat swinging back n forth as PaPaw instilled great wisdom to me and Daddy....tried to feed me grass. I wondered where Hippo had gone and later learned he was deep under cover, investigating the bottom of the diaper bag.
The rest of the trip is a bit Hazy, as I remember being thrust into the SOP " (Seat Of Power) and into the Jeep. I was reunited with Hippo later that night. We both felt our mission was a success.

_________next Entry.....Hippo Performs a Wedding !!___________

1 comment:

KSH said...

love your new post...about time :)